|Babak Shadgan, MD, MSc Sports Med, PhD||Canada||President|
|Elena Abaeva, MD||Uzbekistan||Member|
|Abdelghani Chahi, MD||Morocco||Member|
|Marc Demars, MD||France||Member|
|Irina Dulepova, MD||Russia||Member|
|Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.||United States||Member|
|Klaus Johann, MD||Germany||Member|
|Loukas Konstantinou, MD, PhD||Greece||Member|
|Mika Lehto, MD, PhD||Finland||Member|
|Sadegh Mahboubi, MD||Iran||Member|
|Carole Maître, MD||France||Member|
|Szabolcs Molnar, MD, PhD||Hungary||Member|
|Kohei Nakajima, MD||Japan||Member|
|Jose Alfredo Padilha, MD||Brazil||Member|
|Stevan Sikimic, MD||Serbia||Member|
|Stefan Strugarov, MD, MS||Bulgaria||Member|
Task & Duties
Members of the Medical & Anti-doping Commission have the responsibility:
- To define and implement the general strategy to protect the wrestlers’ health.
- To define and implement the UWW anti-doping program (testing and education).
- To prepare publications on accident prevention through different media (books, multimedia, mobile apps, etc.).
- To nominate UWW official doctors to monitor/oversee the medical organization of official competitions and to ensure the smooth application of the Medical Regulations during those competitions.
- To publish all the latest innovations regarding medicine and athletes’ health for UWW physicians and National Federations.
- To draft straightforward information on medicine and health in sport for the National Federations.
- To draft medical advices upon request of the UWW Bureau.
- To take part in all UWW projects in which the medical aspect/issue and health protection are at stake.
- To take part in international conferences on sports medicine.
Injury Reporting System