Tasks and Duties
- To create United World Wrestling approved regional centres for the training of trainees who have been granted Olympic Solidarity scholarships for a minimum period of 9 months.
- To send coaches, for a two or three year period, to countries where wrestling must be developed. They will be in charge of setting up the structure and management on a national level. The National Federation providing the instructor will become the sponsor of the Federation receiving the support and will have to ensure the implementation of a solid structure which will last after the departure of the coach.
- To examine with the mat manufacturers the possibility of producing inflatable mats or mat covers at lower cost, so that the countries can use local material (straw, sand, sawdust, etc.) and have a regulatory wrestling competition surface.
- To distribute shoes and singlets to developing countries.
- To draw up collaboration agreements with bodies which have available financial means for sports (French Co-operation, Commonwealth, UN, European Union, etc.) in order to make the technical assistance effective.
- To settle technical assistance issues to facilitate the participation of developing countries in competitions.
- To settle all issues connected to Olympic Solidarity.
- To distribute wrestling gear and educational materiel to developing countries (videos, books, etc.)