Iranian Wrestling Federation to Host FILA Scientific Symposium During Greco-Roman World Cup
Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 21:42 By Tim Foley
Corsier-Sur-Vevey, Switzerland —The FILA Scientific Commission and the Iranian Wrestling Federation will host the 2nd International FILA Scientific Symposium in Tehran, May 13-14, in conjunction with the FILA Greco-Roman World Cup being held May 15-16.
The Iranian Minister of Sport and Youth Prof. Mahmoud Godarzi will welcome the attendees to the symposium along with Dr. Rasoul Khadem, the President of the Iranian Wrestling Federation and K. Hashemi, President of the Iranian National Olympic Committee.
Among the topics to be delivered are:
· Aspects of Technical/Tactical Preparation of Elite Wrestlers in New FILA Rules. Lecturer : Professor Milorad Dokmanac (Serbia). Moderator: Prof. Harold Tunnemann (GER).
· Wrestling Injuries; Prevention Is Easier Than Treatment. Lecturer: Dr. Babak Shadgan (CAN). Moderator: Dr. Bahman Mirzaei (IRI).
· Innovative Technology Improvement Power-Speed of Young Wrestlers. Lecturer: Prof. Fikrat Karimov (UZB) . Moderator: Prof. Boris Podivaev (RUS).
· Trends and Aspects of The Future Development of Wrestling. Lecturer: Prof. Peter Kirov (BUL). Moderator: Dr. Ioannis Barbas (GRE).
· Biomechanics of Wrestling Techniques. Lecturer: Prof. Heydar Sadeghi (IRI). Moderator: Dr. David Curby (USA).
· Methodology of Training in Wrestling. Lecturer: Prof. Tibor Barna (HUN). Moderator: Dr. Bahman Mirzaei (IRI).
Panel Discussions will be held concerning the following:
· Training in cadet and junior wrestlers; Facts and Misconceptions
· FILA New Rules, Training Strategy and Coaches' behavior
FILA President Nenad Lalovic (SRB) will welcome attendees on the second day of the symposium. Dr. David Curby (USA) is chairman of the FILA Scientific Commission.
FILA, the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles, is the global governing body of the sport of wrestling. It works to promote the sport and facilitate the activities of its 177 national federations from around the world. It is based in Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland.
To learn more about FILA visit its official website, http://www.fila-official.com/; Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/fila.official, or Twitter handle, @FILA_Official.
For more information please contact FILA at 41.21 312 84 26 or Bob Condron, Press Officer,[email protected] or [email protected] Also see the press release on www.fila-official.com