Update on Uniform Guideline and Requirements for 2017
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 15:40 By United World Wrestling Press
United World Wrestling this week announced changes to its mandatory uniform guidelines for the 2017 wrestling season. The changes go into effect on January 1, 2017 and will remain in place for all future events.
The recent changes include and adjustment in the measurement for the arm holes in women singlet, the addition of the United World Wrestling hallmark on singlets, and the addition of an allowable sponsor placement on singlet. In order to compete at United World Wrestling events, it is mandatory to wear new singlets for ALL age categories.
Reminder of key design differences for new uniforms:
- Diverse colored uniforms to represent countries
- Third party identifications clarity
- Light and dark versions of the uniforms
- Red & blue markings as opposed to the entire uniform for scoring
- NEW! Measurement changes for women singlets (arm holes)
- NEW! UWW Hallmark on singlets
- NEW! Sponsor placement on singlet
For a full review of changes, including important details, please see the attached circulars.
Please send new singlet designs or questions to: [email protected]