Wrestling to Hold First-Ever Strength and Conditioning Course
Monday, October 10, 2016 - 13:43 By Tim Foley
CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY (October 10) -- United World Wrestling has partnered with International Weightlifting Federation to launch the first-ever Strength and Conditioning Course for Wrestling. The aim of the course is to improve the functional benefits of proper weight training for coaches and athletes in the sport of wrestling.The programme is specifically targeted for high performance wrestling coaches as well as strength and conditioning experts.
Presenters include Ivan Ivanov, who founded the Suples series of workout equipment, and 2016 Olympic champion Helen Maroulis (USA).
Venue: Kuortane Olympic Training Centre, Finland
Date: 17th – 20th November 2016
· Tamás Fehér, International Weightlifting Federation
· Karoliina Lundahl, International Weightlifting Federation
· Helen Maroulis, Olympic Champion, USA Wrestling
· Ivan Ivanov, Founder of Suples Ltd.
· Stephen Smith, Kitman Labs
· Mike McGurn, McGurn Elite Sport
· Christoph Feyer, Swiss Wrestling Federation
Registration & Fee
Registration Fee: 400 EUR; this includes:
- Course tuition
- Accommodation: 4 nights
- 3 meals per day for the course days
- Return transport from VAASA Airport or Seinäjoki Railway Station to Kuortane Olympic Training Centre
- Certificates: UWW S & C, IWF Level , Suples Fit
To apply please fill out the application form and send to [email protected] before 18th October 2016.
Limited space. Only selected candidates will be admitted to the programme.