2018 Athlete's licenses purchased from 01.11.2018 are valid until 31.12.2019, so licenses bought from that date will be activated for 2018 & 2019. For this purpose, please use the 2019 medical document below :
1. OLYMPIC STYLES (WW, GR, FS) - CADET, JUNIOR, SENIOR, VETERAN
All wrestlers, whether cadet, junior, senior or veteran who wish to participate in a competition entered in the UWW calendar must have an international license of the year validated by UWW. It covers the medical expenses of an accident during a competition abroad.
Each wrestler must contact his Federation for a license, as our National Federations are fully responsible for all athletes in their country, and must buy their licenses prior to the competition. No license is sold on site.
Our licenses are sold to our Federations exclusively via our Athena platform : https://athena.unitedworldwrestling.org
Athletes of U15 age category (formerly Schoolboys & Schoolgirls) are insured by UWW for free on the competitions registered in the UWW Calendar, and no license has to be purchased for them. The organiser must send a list of participants to UWW at the latest 3 days before the competition.
Purchase of the 2018 license by our National Federations
Once on Athena, the Federation has to log into its account : enter its username (which is the official UWW email address of the Federation) and password. If you lost it, please click on "Lost password ?" and follow the procedure (you will immediately receive it on your official email address).
- For the purchase of a new license (athlete who has never had one in the past) there are three tasks to be completed : upload the passport copy, photo and annual medical certificate & wrestler's declaration. Here is our tutorial
- For the renewal of a license (athete who already had one in the past), you have to upload an annual medical certificate & wrestler's declaration. The tutorial is here.
At the end of the procedure in Athena (when all the required documents have been uploaded and validated by UWW), you can choose the form of payment you prefer :
- Credit card (+ 3% of bank expense). If you pay by credit card, your license will be confirmed by UWW within 7 days.
- Bank transfer. If you want to pay by bank transfer, we will send you an invoice. Upon receipt of your payment, your license will be confirmed by UWW within 7 days.
In both cases, when your purchase is completed, you will receive a "confirmation order" on your official email address.
Please be aware that the validation of license cannot be done on the day of the purchase, so please anticipate !
Price of the license & age catetories
- Cadet CHF 50.-
- Junior, Senior, Veteran CHF 100.-
Cadets - 16-17 years (from 15 with medical and parental certificate)
Juniors - 18-20 years (from 17 with medical and parental certificate)
Seniors U 23 - 19-23 years (from 18 with medical and parental certificate)
Seniors - 20 years and older (from 18 with medical and parental certificate)
Veterans - from 35 to 60 years.
Wrestlers in the junior age category are allowed to participate in the competitions for seniors. However, wrestlers aged 18 in the year concerned must provide a medical certificate and parental authorisation. Wrestlers aged 17 in the year may not participate in senior competitions. Wrestlers who wish to take part in age categories above theirs must provide a signed medical and parental certificate to the Referee.
If you do not know if your athlete is cadet, junior, senior or veteran, or if he/she needs a parental authorization, please click here
For United World Wrestling bank details click here
When the licence is confirmed by UWW, it will be valid until 31st December 2018.
However, licenses bought from 01.11.18 until 31.12.18 will be valid until 31.12.19.
Sending of the personal license card to Federations, QR code and presentation of the card at competitions
In 2015 we implemented a new personal licence card, with a QR code at the back, reloadable from one year to another. Consequently
- Each wrestler who has had his licence purchased by his Federation for the first time in 2018 will receive a personal license card, sent by UWW to the Federation a few weeks after the purchase. The wrestler must keep it during his entire sporting life.
- Each athlete who had a licence purchased in 2016 and/or 2017 has already received his card. When his Federation buys his 2018 license, UWW will confirm it and the validity will immediately be visible on the QR code of the card.
- Each athlete will have to present it at the weigh-in to our Referee or Delegate and wrestlers without a card will not be eligible to take part in the competition. However, the list of licensees of each country (printable via Athena by the Federation) will be accepted as valid proof for the 2018 license.
You can find further information concerning insurance at the back of each card : Insurer details, website, user name and password for an online accident claim. More information is available on our website, under Governance / License / Insurance.
BEACH WRESTLING LICENSES ARE PURCHASED BY OUR NATIONAL FEDERATIONS, JUST LIKE THE OLYMPIC STYLE LICENSES.
2. ASSOCIATED STYLES (Grappling, Pankration, Belt Wrestling, etc) - CADET, JUNIOR, SENIOR, VETERAN
The Associated style licenses (except Beach Wrestling ones) are sold exclusively during our competitions by our Referees and Delegates and are payable cash. There are two kinds of Associated Style licenses :
Annual license (valid from the day of the purchase until 31.12.2018) - Licenses bought from 01.11.18 until 31.12.18 will be valid until 31.12.19 !
For this license, the athlete must hand in his passport copy, photo and annual medical certificate when he buys it, and he will receive a receipt. The annual license costs
- Cadet CHF 50.- / Euros 50.- / US$ 50.-
- Junior, senior, veteran CHF 100.- / Euros 100.- / US$ 110.-
After the competition, our Referees and Delegates will send us all documents, and we will print the personal card to each athlete who bought a yearly license, and send it to our Istanbul Office. Please note that we will not print any card if we have not received the 3 above mentioned documents.
Temporary licence (valid for one competition only) sold only to cadet and junior athletes, but not to senior or veteran : each athlete has to hand in a passport copy when he buys it and will receive a receipt. The the temporary license costs
- CHF 30.- / Euros 30.- / US$ 30.-
No personal card is printed to athletes who bought a temporary license.
You can also find some information concerning insurance at the back of each card : Insurer details, website, user name and password for an online accident claim, or on our website, under Governance / License / Insurance.